Does anyone have any pros or cons of this MSL Laser therapy that is out there now?  It looks like the studies I have been able to find are showing good results with peripheral neuropathy, heel pain, neuromas and arthritis pain.  The unit is quite expensive but if it works I have so many patients that would jump at the chance to get rid of their chronic pain that hasn't responded to treatment.

• Comments (4)
  • I know that MLS laser is class 4 which is more advanced and effective than class 3. The only problem I have with this company is their sales representative changing the price every time even thought he wrote the prices with his own hand. After you would agree on a price and leasing monthly payment, you will find out taxes and shipping added which is crazy amounts. I am thinking in getting K laser cube 4 as the parameters are better and almost half price.
  • I have an anodyne machine that is collecting dust, mainly because of the lack of coverage.  I felt it had some decent results, but I haven't figured out the economic model that some chiropractors and physical therapists have where tehy were able to charge and collect $70 per treatment.

I've had a K-laser for over 2 years now and have found that to be very good.  I use it as an adjunct treatment for plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis and PTTD.  I have found it to alo be a boost to postoperative healing and  reduction of swelling following bunion surgery.  I feel it best for mild-moderate pain whereas the moderat-sever pain is best addressed by other means.  First of all, it helps.  Second, patient are receiving more attention for their particular problems and that is a big psychological boost as well. They like that there are fewer corticosteroid injections given and we're less likely to lose patients to followup when impovement gets to the level of "I can live with it".

• MLS is a cold laser.  I have found anodyne to help, despite Medicare pulling the plug due to lack of evidence.  However, they (MLS)came into my office and suggested I line up a few patients with plantar fasciitis, tarsal tunnel and neuromas.  None of the patients we treated that day noted any changes in there comfort level.  If you are very interested, you may want to look at Terra Quant, Chatanooga and K laser.  Compare devices based on strength and wavelength.  There are a few hand held devices for under $3k even $1k with somewhat lower power.  The scant literature on these devices implies that their is little if any difference between LED vs laser and higher vs lower power devices.  However, this is disputed on the laser sales sites and literature.

While your at it google quack watch and cold laser or low level laser (LLL) therapy.  There may by a Chocran review on the subject as well.  Chiropractors and physical therapist are generally the market for these devices and they are often incorporating several other modalities. 

• I'm not entirely convinced on this YET. The data is promising though.

I'm sure though the marketing folks make it seem to have quite the positive "income" producer from a practice management perspective. I'm not sure where you practice geographically but this product, as the toenail fungus lasers, can be very lucrative provided your clientele can afford it / are willing to pay for it.