My interest was piqued after reading this article in Podiatry Management June / July 2016. Profiles in Excellence reports on Dr. Win's remarkable compound which promises to:
1. Cure the fungal nail quickly
2. Prior cleaning and debridement not necessary
3. Nail polish does not have to be removed
Interested to know more and keen to ask some questions I e-mailed the company to ask:
1. Clotrimazole is not new. What is new about Dr. Win's formulation?
2. Dr. Win claims the active ingredient (1% Clotrimazole) is fungicidal. It is not, it is fungistatic. What data is there to support the claim?
3. Dr. Win explains all the disadvantages of antifungals but does not say how his is better.
4. Are the any RCTs to support the claims made?
5. What does the formulation have that others do not to miraculously penetrate nail without debridement and through nail lacquer.
I got the following response:
1. Our product has been shown to be highly fungicidal ( see our website ) and to have good penetration because of our proprietary formula.
2. The advantages are described in our website and the two linked Profile articles.
3. The efficacy can be theoretically and soundly predicted based on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics The predictions are supported from users as shown in true testimonials as well as comments many other users.
4.Dr. Berlin, a podiatrist and our distributor, has been quite satisfied with the clinical performance of our product.His website can be accessed to from our website.
Unable to get better information I am curious to know what the readers might think. What is the magic 'proprietary' ingredient that claims to succeed, where so many other topicals simply do not fair so well.